We are looking for a
'Reiseberater mit Afrika-Erfahrung' (November 2023)
Who we are:
We're a family-owned boutique travel agency specialising in bespoke responsible African safaris and beach adventures, with a special love for Tanzania. We're incredibly passionate about African travel, and we treat each trip as a 'once-in-a-lifetime' safari, using our expert knowledge to curate unique journeys tailored to our clients’ individual needs.
As a valued member of our Kidogo team, you'll have the incredible opportunity to channel your enthusiasm for African travel into action. With your expert knowledge, you'll play a pivotal role in crafting unforgettable and exhilarating safaris. You get to bring these journeys to life, from concept to reality, by working directly with our clients and collaborating closely with our extensive network of partners on the ground in Africa.
Basis: Full time or Part time
Employment Type: Hybrid / Remote
Start date – ASAP
Location: Vienna, Austria
What you’ll do:
• Cultivate strong, meaningful connections with our clients, and delve deep to establish their needs & preferences
• Engage in dynamic communication, working hand-in-hand with clients and our African partners to craft tailor-made travel quotes. You'll follow up on existing inquiries and provide expert advice through channels like phone calls, emails, and video chats.
• Utilise your passion and knowledge to create bespoke safari & beach itineraries (ranging from adventurous self-drive safaris to luxurious privately guided safaris)
• Navigate administrative tasks with attention to detail, expertly preparing and sending out our unique & detailed travel packs.
• Take charge of the digital realm, updating our website and the inner workings of our internal travel systems.
What we’re looking for:
• A genuine passion for African travel, including personal experience traveling in Africa (essential)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational & administrative skills (proficiency in Excel is a plus, and competence with MS Word is essential)
• Fluent German & full professional proficiency in English
• Proactive & reliable
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills & an eye for detail
• Fantastic sales skills driven by amazing customer service & an eye for detail
Nice to Haves:
• Experience working in the travel industry
• Basic marketing & social media knowledge
• Tourism management skills
• A good sense of humor!
• Experience selling cross-country Safari Africa
• Experience living/working in Africa
What we’re offering:
• A salary in line with industry standards (KV - opportunities for overpayment based upon experience and achievements)
• Generous quarterly sales performance bonus (commission based)
• An incredible opportunity to explore the stunning landscapes of Africa! Imagine embarking on annual educational trips after one year of being part of our team. You'll get to explore remote and enchanting corners of Africa, from thrilling, adventurous camps to opulent, luxurious lodges.
• Ability to work nearly entirely from home (excluding initial training time of 1-2 months)
• The chance to make a difference within the company – as a startup we’re always looking for creative ideas about how we can improve and expand our services!
• Travel benefits for private trips
• A supportive and informal work environment with a small team and great potential for growth within the company
• African destination training from safari experts
• To work for a company that is responsible, conservation focused, transparent, and honest
The Kidogo team is currently a small one but we’re excited to expand and diversify - we look forward to receiving your application and welcoming candidates from all backgrounds!